Tarte aux Raisins Concord or simply a PB&J Tart


 There's this market in our neighborhood that sells great produce. While browsing through for some fruits I saw a pile of dark purple beads of goodness - Concord Grapes. Whoops. Next thing I know the image of the fruit is stuck on my head. The immediate association was - jelly... jelly, then peanut butter.. PB & J. But that's a sandwich and not dessert. And then I thought if I were a farmer growing these grapes and there is a way for me to transform them to something more extravagant, other than being serve as is - a table grape.. why not make them into a tart! But I like the fruit fresh? So the SugarHippie finalized his plan.. Make the tart with fresh fruits and instead of the usual custard spread a layer of chunky organic peanut butter on a pre-baked pate sucree (with a layer of almond cream.. Voila! 

Very interesting textures! Sweet, tart, buttery, crumbly, slight crunch.. What's fun is when you bite into the grape the juice just burst in your mouth...mmmmm.... so good! Definitely pair this with wine!



Comments

Popular Posts