Pear It Right


When I started thinking about documenting in pictures what I am able to do as a baker I asked the help of one my dear friends in Seattle. She is an exceptionally talented photographer. Rich pictures. Eye for detail. I wish I had her talent as well. Pastry is a visual art as much as it is about techniques, pairing flavors and skills!

Here was a simple dessert, a Pear Belle Helene, Caramel and Chocolate Sauce (just the poached pear, without the vanilla ice cream) and molten lava cake with a few raspberries for garnish. 

I like how she was able to capture the glossy chocolate sauce and how the whole dessert plate looked so appetizing and clean. 

In another aspect, the flavors of caramel, dark chocolate, wine-poached pear, raspberries, and the cake all work pretty well together. Classic, simple dessert for gatherings with close friends.




Comments

Popular Posts