Chocolate, Pistachio and Strawberries and the Antique Cake Pedestal


A few months back I found an antique shop close to the bakery. Got a hold of a classy cake pedestal and bought it without second thought.. Just $10! what a deal! Telling the story to my coworkers about getting it I said this is like winning a tennis tournament, The trophy is so grand! The cake pedestal  is about 9 inches in diameter, 6 inches high, all glass, and quite heavy. That's good for stability.

Finding something old and unique may mean different for some. Some people keep them, some people don't mind them at all. To me I value the character of that object. Why not give it a new lease on life. It has a story to tell. And I've been wanting to get cake pedestals in all sizes for my own personal use. Start a collection, why not! I found the best one so far!

A few days after I was requested to make a birthday cake for a family friend. I thought; this is a special event, the cake is going to a party, might as well serve the cake on it! But I have to say, I was very careful with it and told the host even that this cake pedestal is so important to me, "please handle with care. I will get it back the next day".. I sounded a little paranoid leaving it behind but I had to. I won't find any replacement for it.

So the pedestal was so fitting for the dark chocolate cake with layers of pistachio spread, sliced fresh strawberries and vanilla buttercream. The outside is vanilla buttercream piped from the base of the cake moving up using a large star tip. Old school but unique! I say, the cake is as classy as the pedestal it sat on.






Comments

  1. Beautiful and LOVE the pedestal too - hope it returned safely

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts