Pink and Purple Tulips

Purple and Pink Tulips made of Sugar Gum Paste



Spring is perhaps the most beautiful season of all. Flowers are in bloom and the change of weather makes everything so beautiful. What I look forward to in spring is seeing the tulips bloom.  They are gorgeous flowers. 

When I started planning on what to do with my cake project, I went to a neighborhood flower shop for inspiration. I just went there and looked around and my attention was caught by these lovely pink tulips. I decided to pick up a bouquet and started examining it and looking at it and took pictures. When I create a design I think of the particular object and let the image of it stick to my head. I look at it over and over and then plan to execute. I draw up a sketch, I look for photos and choose how I want it to be.. in this case I want the tulips to look uniquely different from each flower. This creates character of each bloom.

I got me a tulip petal mold, a tub of gum paste and color spray. After patiently molding and drying each petal for a couple of days I stuck each petal by hand with royal icing. And then I dry them up again for another day. 

Making sugar flowers take a lot of time and patience so you really have to plan accordingly. I wanted to say that, when you plan to decorate your cake, picture the design and all the elements that goes with it in your head. Then, you play with it by setting and arranging your decorations to see how each decor work together.. interesting, right? That is how I created this particular cake. I wanted it to look pristine. Here you will see the colors just pop so brilliantly on the plain white fondant and it's very eye catching and makes you look at it little longer. So I guess I was able to effectively materialize my idea and vision of the cake.

This is what I was most proud of.. :)








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts