Passionfruit and Raspberry sat with the Daisies







 Today was particularly busy. The clock was ticking away.. I was going to a very important meeting by noon - a cake tasting. I had an hour to finish up the tarts for the shop, make a checklist for the day, and I had to decorate the cake I was gonna bring for the meeting. A friend from school visited me as well which made the day a little lighter!

I made a yellow cake filled with passionfruit mousseline and fresh raspberries, and a vanilla buttercream frosting. The cake tasted so light and refreshing because the tartness of the passionfruit and raspberries complemented the subtleness of the vanilla frosting. The creamy frosting tamed the rather forward fruit flavors. As we were tasting it I said to them - Honestly, I hardly get the chance to sit down and have a slice of the cakes I made. Sitting down is a luxury when I'm in the kitchen. Occasionally yes, to sample, but to really take time to enjoy the desserts it's something rare.

On our table these bright yellow daisies caught my attention so I took a photograph. Fresh and Bright! .. could it be a sign of things to come? Let's wait and see!






Comments

Popular Posts