Strawberries and Cream - Swing! "Don't You Wanna Curve Away?"

I'm posting this video along with pictures of the dessert I wanted to talk about. If you're a fan of COLDPLAY is song is it! (click on the video and read along). My itunes say this has been played about.. mmm 700+ times.. and counting..

This song for me is about playful imagination but at the same time seeing the lighter side of everyday life. It's about breaking away from the monotony of the daily grind. And not only is the video creatively made with stop-motion animation, the lyrics says it all. "It's such a perfect day". Curve away, day dream, and let that day dream produce something good! Any day will be a perfect day - because you chose it to be!


Decadent desserts, hot summer days, lazy days in the sun, gorgeous berries with colors that pop, a night out with my closest friends and family. This is why summer 2012 is quite special to me. Fun times! Time to strengthen the bond.

Just recently ideas have been pouring in about how to prepare the abundant berries with different pairings. One day we will see them in this blog. Today, this strawberry dessert is the star. Star-"awe"-berries!

Strawberry one of my favorite fruits. I like them all, though. The fruit pairs very well with rose syrup, balsamic vinegar or thickened into balsamic syrup to name a few.

Strawberries and Cream! This utterly sweet, simplistic dessert is made with a very light yellow cake. The filling - fresh strawberry slices and vanilla whipped cream. And the whole thing is covered with stabilized whipped cream to hold its shape. That's it. Nothing fancy. It's a way of enjoying the fruit at it's freshest! Serve it with some champagne or your favorite white wine. Recommended. One thing about this cake is that it is so delicate. When you slice it, it's like slicing though foam, effortless. Taste it, the cake and cream just melts in your mouth. Luscious. Then you smell the fruit and vanilla in the cream and cake.. and then the burst of sweet strawberries that cuts the richness of the cream and the cake.. If I say more I'll be tempted to have another slice.. haha

So in a way I'm saying this - much of what I do deals with working my imagination and make into something one can actually see, taste, and enjoy! Imagination fuels the thought process. And no matter how simple the components are, how it turns out is the product of how much effort you put into it.


I hope you like the song! and enjoy the berries, too!

Comments

Popular Posts