Raspberry Beret!!!



If you love 80's music you would definitely come across the song Raspberry Beret by the artist known as Prince. He composed great disco grooves and his popularity soared during that time. The song was about a girl wearing a raspberry beret.. hippie :)

Prince's Raspberry Beret - click to play the tune - Play it, Mr. Mcgee!


So, between taking time to enjoy my day off catching up with friends and running errands my mind is thinking about what to write about my Raspberry Cake and a cool song to go with it. Thank you, Prince! This song is just right! 


It was said that Escoffier, one of the greatest among chefs created a dessert (Peach Melba) for a famous Soprano. I thought, if Prince were a pastry chef, he could have created something similar to this! Some wild imagination, Mr. Sugar Hippie! haha



This cake is made with a Vanilla Cake with a raspberry fruit spread and vanilla buttercream filling and frosting. The sides I bordered with sugar pearls. Classic cake treatment.

I would say that if this cake was a lady she would be a classy one.. red lips, red hair band, white dress, fluffy ruffles and pearly necklace. I think that the cake exuded elegance and classic simplicity. The cake is sexy and flirty... and yet the cake and the lady will remain a mystery to me.. because after an hour it sat in the display case, a beautiful young lady took the cake home.. But don't worry... more raspberry cakes to come! Let them have their cake! 



Comments

Popular Posts