Wedding Cake Tasting - Chocolate, Strawberries and a White Cake




Early today I prepared a cake for a friend of a friend's wedding cake tasting. The celebration is on September, next month already!

My friend sent me a photo of the design that the couple wanted and there was nothing really there to be troubled about because it's a no-fuzz white cake covered in vanilla buttercream. Filling would be chocolate and strawberries. Simple, yes, but it's actually more challenging because the emphasis is on the execution of the cake components - flavor, texture and balance.

So I baked a white cake. I made a compote of strawberries that hit just the right sweetness. I whipped up my favorite italian buttercream that is so light and creamy, and made a dark chocolate ganache barely folded into the buttercream to make a strawberry compote and chocolate swirl filling.

A week ago I got me a tub of gum paste and started making sugar flowers to decorate the cake. I thought white daisies and hydrangeas and just pink sugar pearl accents would be a great decor.

Feedback - the cake passed scrutiny and moving forward to make a bigger one in September!





Happy!



Comments

Popular Posts