Raspberries and Chocolate For A Wedding Anniversary




A few months back a good friend and I were talking about making his wedding anniversary cake. The couple happened to be one of the last clients for wedding favors before our small french macaron shop closed its doors. It brings back a lot of memories. We're neighbors now but we didn't exactly know each other then until last year when a mutual friend introduced us. 

I felt honored to make this cake because of two reasons: one, they're good friends of mine; second, I (unknowingly) made their wedding favors and got the chance again to bake their wedding anniversary cake this year. 

So my friend said they love chocolate cake and raspberry buttercream. These are really great flavor combinations. I started make making the raspberry compote and buttercream 2 days ahead, baked the cake on the day I needed to assemble it, Friday morning is the pick up. With work, a weekend wedding cake project and this, everything was in order, thank God. 

This cake is important.

The cake looks very simple and yet makes you have "I want a slice of that" kinda-thoughts. To satisfy that craving I ate the cake trims with left over raspberry buttercream. The baker's treat :) . 

For the finishing touches I dusted the berries and top layer of the cake with edible disco dust to make it sparkle. Pretty!










Thank you C&R and Happy Anniversary!!!


Comments

Popular Posts