Something Savory



One day I decided to pick up a knife instead of a spatula to prepare myself a hearty meal. For some who didn't know me I was trained to cook with classic french techniques on my sleeve. I earned my Associate's Degree in Culinary Arts and but trained further in Baking and Pastry.

I love both disciplines and I am creating at the same time learning, and training. I'm like a sponge. And I know that having that drive and be in the right circumstances I can materialize my dream of having my own shop. Maybe a small bistro/pastry shop/cooking school? That's a lot to think about but for now I am learning.

So back to the cooking - what you see is a Braised Pork Shoulder with Broccoli Rabe on a Potato Galette. It was an easy preparation with the right tools. Braised Meat is pretty much a throw everything in a pot ( a dutch oven ) and slow cook for a couple hours. I got myself a pork butt with a good amount of fat layer and then deboned, herbs de provence, beef stock, onions, chili flakes, garlic, sherry vinegar and brown sugar. There's no secret ingredient. As for the galette a japanese mandolin made even slices of potatoes i formed into a round double layer disk and then pan fried with just the right amount of oil to cook it crisp but not soggy. Tip - go easy with the chili flakes if you intend to have the meat with some red wine as it makes the dish spicier. A good crisp white wine would be my recommendation.

Bon Appetit!!!


Comments

Popular Posts