Dark Chocolate, Nutella and Coffee

Coffee afficionados would probably love this bittersweet thing..

This cake is one of my favorites. The cake is intensely chocolate, light and airy buttercream mixed with Valrhona Guanaja Dark Chocolate and Nutella spread. Espresso is lightly brushed on the cake layers. Chopped hazelnuts and dark chocolate shavings accent the cake.

Very often I use espresso to moisten my chocolate cakes. It gives a depth of flavor. You can smell it and it blends well with the chocolate flavors. the faint bitterness it gives compliment the rest of the components of the cake. Intense and yet comforting. Indulgent.

You would want to pair this with that freshly brewed or french-pressed cup of coffee. The perfect coffee break.




Comments

  1. im craving for ur scrumptious desserts.. i wanna try making this... share me the recipe? please hehe pm me=)-meggie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts