Marvel a Merveilleux Pastry




Discovery is a good thing! I like light desserts that is why I am as excited and yet intimidated and challenged to make this seemingly unpretentious pastry called Merveilleux. It's made with pillowy soft French meringue baked to perfection crisp yet light, not chewy. The filling - chocolate, coffee, speculoos.. could be endless. It is then covered with lightly sweetened whipped cream, shaved chocolate &/or crumbled cookies. The result - a cloud-like indescribable pastry.. I ate one in less than a minute. It is that good.. Delicious!

For this version what I have on hand was the strawberry compote I made and white chocolate. It's not traditional but definitely evoking the authentic experience, so.. Voila! A Strawberry White Chocolate Merveilleux!

This could be the next pastry sensation to hit this town!



Find one soon!!!




Comments

Popular Posts