Strawberry Shortcake & Some Bubbly




Summer is here and I am so happy that I get to make my favorite cake - The Strawberry Shortcake!

Sometime last month, a dear friend celebrated her birthday and I made her Strawberry Shortcake as she always requests for this.  This is not a very complicated cake. It just requires a cake with a light crumb and not too sweet. I usually fill my cake with sliced strawberries and pastry cream lightened with a creme chantilly. Nothing more. The cake does require a good amount of fridge time because the frosting is all whipped cream. And the chilling process develops the flavors and moisten the cake.

Always use fresh and sweet strawberries for this for shortcake. Pair with moscato, champagne or something bubbly.



Decorate with some fresh lavender flowers and thin slices of strawberries






Comments

Popular Posts