"Que Bella"

A text from the Bride:

"It was soo good! Moist & Delicious! The frosting tasted like white chocolate cause of the chunks (fillings). Thank you thank you He did an amazing job! I should be eating cake for dinner!"


A good friend of mine asked me to make a wedding cake for her friend who got married recently. It's been 2 months in discussion and planning. Then me, my friend and the bride discussed the date, flavor, the tasting.. like less that a month before the wedding day (Sept. 12, 2013).


The bride wanted a very simple cake - white vanilla and so with the rest of its components. On the tasting day I made her the best recipe I could possible have in my arsenal of cake flavors and my mastered Italian buttercream which most who have tried it described it as "Divine", because It's just so light and creamy - I am proud to say.


This was the cake for the tasting.




The Wedding Cake


I enjoy making fruit compotes and incorporating them in my pastries. Before I even suggest to brides flavors I have tested them over and over and really evaluate flavor balance and have sweetness in check. Because, to be honest, a customer can have just one bite of the cake and evaluate if it's sweet or not or to their liking. However if your customer or client takes another bite and eat up a serving during the tasting and chatter away happy, then my dear, we have nailed it. The deal is sealed.

For the filling of the cake the couple chose two flavors: for the Bride a vanilla cream with swirls of dark chocolate ganache and strawberry compote, the Groom loved the vanilla cream with crumbled oreo cookies.


The cake layers!


I am just happy to share this as it validates the amount of effort bakers like myself put in in every pastry or cakes we make. It is great to receive and hear such compliment. When the couple is happy, we are happy, too!










Comments

Popular Posts