Chocolate and Roses


Cakes are as personal as the person who order them or who they're giving it to. I felt lucky to make this cake for a customer who she herself asked for a custom cake for her mother. And when her birthday came up her husband secretly asked me to make a cake for her. The husband chose and bought the flowers. They were gorgeous!  

The cake is made of moist chocolate layers, dark chocolate ganache filling and creme chantilly. For the frosting I used rose water buttercream and some silver and pink sugar pearls. A spray of rainbow dust creates a sparkling visual effect on the side of the cake. The cake I have to say is a stunner. For a couple of hours it sat inside our display case and some customers took pictures of the cake. I feel good when people like what they see. But then the truth really is in the tasting. I always make sure that I myself can eat the cakes that I make and create. Like a big chunk of it. Otherwise there is no point creating a lovely exterior but the interior is inferior, right? 







Happy Baking!!!

Comments

Popular Posts