Strawberry Rhubarb Tartlette



Spring brings in produce in such abundance you have to enjoy them with less fuss. One should go make that trip to the local farmers' market on weekends and there you'll see all these wonderful greens and fruits. Take for instance rhubarbs where the hot pink stems just screaming to be enjoyed. Strawberries, too, are just as sweet as in the summer time.

I was given these rhubarbs stems and all I can think of is making a Strawberry Rhubarb Tart. I had a few frozen and fresh strawberries on hand so I decided to use the frozen berries with the rhubarbs to make a compote. And in the french fashion of making tartlets I used a sweet almond pastry dough. I baked the tart shells until golden and then cooled them in the fridge until ready to use. 

There was nothing complicated in the preparation of this tartlet.

These tartlets are as delicious and fresh as they look.




Comments

Popular Posts