Footie Cake




Cakes are always challenging especially if you're making them for a large crowd. High expectation is number one in the list. And this cake happened to be for a couple expecting their first born. It's vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream filling and then a vanilla frosting tinted light blue. It's a 12" x 12" x 4". It's quite huge.

I assembled the cake on the day of the delivery. The cake layers and buttercream have been made the day before, and then kept in the fridge. Woke up 6am, an hour later, I was at my little kitchen and started putting things together.

Large cake layers need planning and requires more time to assemble, of course. And you have to plan where to store it. So the task was broken down in half - baked the day before and assemble the next day. Take into account that the cake has to be put in the fridge for the layers to set before masking it with the icing, I made sure I had space in both fridge and freezer.

2 Hours layer the cake was filled and frosted and another 30 minutes to do the footie design and bordering. Since the cake layers were still cold it wasn't a concern for me hold it in the fridge. The internal temperature was just perfect and it stayed cool and slowly coming back to room temperature by the time it was delivered at 11am.

So I personally delivered the cake to make sure it's safe. The next day I received an email from the client and said they were all happy with the cake!

That made me happy, too!







Comments

Popular Posts