..And the Sugar-Heaven said, "Go, 'Nana!!!!!!!"


Think of this - Roasted Coffee Bean, Chocolate, Banana, Caramel and Vanilla. If this was a chocolate candy bar it's going to be a hit. Now transform this into a cake, it's the bomb! Coming up with the flavor combinations for this cake didn't just happen overnight. It took me 3 days to figure out what I wanted to do.

I had chocolate covered espresso beans laying around and I just munched on them on occasions. I love them. I usually have a fruit before I start my day so I brought a bunch of bananas to work. I decided to make caramelized bananas for no reason - I caramelized some sugar, threw in sliced ripe bananas, a  few spoons of butter and a splash of Grand Marnier. Somehow I knew that I was going to use it for something - that something I didn't really know yet. So as the day progressed I just baked the chocolate cake layer and made some dark chocolate ganache and italian buttercream. The next day I decided to assemble the chocolate layers - I basted the cake with a little coffee syrup and filled the layers with ganache and had it setting in the fridge. Later, I whipped the buttercream and frosted the cake. The cake was done, but I still felt that there has to be something else added to the cake. I was stumped. The next morning I came in, ate a banana, popped an chocolate espresso in my mouth, took a bite off some bittersweet chocolate and then it just hit me! There was a lightbulb moment! I took the cake out, grabbed the caramelized bananas, plugged in the food processor and buzzed the bananas with chopped chocolate covered espresso beans! That moment the sugar-heaven revealed the message!!!! I have seen the light!!

A new cake flavor is born!!!! Thank you Martha!!!! haha


We'll put more bananas next time, as my friend said - I want more of the stuff on top of the cake in the layers, please!




Comments

Popular Posts