Wicked Passionfruit and Blueberry Tango

Introducing the
PASSIONFRUIT BLUEBERRY GATEAU 


Tonight was particularly interesting at the bakery. 10am I was strolling along the riverside park in my neighborhood enjoying the morning breeze and thinking about what to do when I get to work in the afternoon. I know I need to make more chocolate cakes but I wanted to make another cake flavor. We happen to have a whole case of frozen blueberries and I have been playing with it baking coffee cakes and tarts but still there should be one thing that will make my customers happy this week, something new! Something Sugar-Hippie happy!

Then I thought of this cake for the base - Lemon Poppy Seed Cake: I like the subtle scent of the zest, and the slight crunch and specks of the poppy seed - and then slowly build the rest of the components of the cake as I was working. I have passionfruit pastry cream on hand from the tiered cake I made over the weekend. Whoops, there's Blueberries! Saw a tub of my favorite Italian Buttercream.. at that point I was mentally assembling the cake. Wicked!

So what is in this cake? Lemon Poppy Seed Layer Cake, Italian Buttercream, Creme Chantilly, Toasted Cake Crumbs, Passionfruit Cream, Blueberry Compote and plenty of love! haha

The cake is so light and fruity and the textures just right.












Comments

  1. Looks delicious as always! Keep up the good work chef!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts