Strawberries and Cream, Forever! .. Wasn't that a line from The Beatles Song?


Summer is here and so are the berries! I love strawberries! I love cream! I love fluffy sponge cake, and I can make a darn good Buttercream tasting like ice cream, seriously! I thought I could say here that the Strawberries and Cream is very easy to make..well yes, technically you can with all store bought components - a plain sheet cake, whipping cream, fresh strawberries. However, there are major tweaks to this recipe. And some, or one or two ingredients maybe be hard to find or make. These makes the cake different and taken to the next level, so to speak.

I used rose syrup and pureed strawberries to flavor the cream and a rose syrup to brush the cakes with. Rose syrup strawberries-macerated and chopped are suspended in between 2 layers of sponge cake. A vanilla Buttercream for the sides of the cake and a few more strawberry-rose creme chantilly finished the top and side. And of course, the freshest and sweetest strawberries you can get your hands on for garnish.

Very simple cake, and yet so elegant.

Comments

Popular Posts