Making Needle Felted Woodland Creatures


When I was a kid I used to make toys out of wood or paper and just about anything I can put together. Now being a pastry chef that creative skill helps me in the design process and bring ideas come to life. That's what needle felting gave me inspiration.

So here comes Needle Felting. I was introduced to this fun and creative hobby and it turns out I can also use them when I need cute little cake toppers! It's a form of wool weaving. You can create different types of creatures or forms, depending on your interest. I started learning how to make them just watching videos on youtube and doing some reading to how to form the figures and weave the wool tightly to hold it's shape. Now, needle felting also requires a lot of focus because it's inevitable that at one point when you're still learning or even pros, I suppose, the felting needle could poke your finger. So just be very careful with that. Take it as a learning experience.. ouch! 

Here are the creatures I have made so far..
















































I have names for each creature. Naming them feels like you relate to them not as toys but a creature with personality and character. And no matter how small they make you feel happy.






Comments

Popular Posts