Sweet Maleficence


While doing prep today I remembered the pastry I wanted to make or make my version of.  The pastry had probably something of a malefic effect on me - an influence of a good kind. A positive effect. 

Thoughts run through my mind and eventually I have figured out how my pastry would come to be. 


3 colors of meringue; pink, purple and white, 2 layers of genoise and a filling of lemon curd swirled with lightly whipped cream. To me it is actually a take of a tart au citron which consists of a sweet pastry crust, lemon curd and meringue. The lightly cream cuts the tartness of the lemon curd while the meringue, whilst providing sweetness also gives the crunchy texture. The cake looks whimsical  and so appealing that I also see how sweetly it tempts you ... that is evil :) The cake however is so refreshing and light. It's like eating ice cream.

That is is why I would say it is a Sweet Maleficence.











Comments

Popular Posts