Cherry Blossoms

They are in full bloom. They herald the arrival of Spring. Cherry Blossoms! Delicate pink flowers cover the branches. For the Buddhists, they symbolize the transient nature of life. "Traditional Japanese values of purity and simplicity are thought to be reflected in the form and color of the blossoms." If only these blooms could stay that way the whole year round but you only get to enjoy them for a little while.

After a long week of making macarons a sister of a coworker brought a branch of a Cherry Blossom to the shop and placed it on the counter. What a lovely sight. I see the trees in full bloom every day when I go to work and it just struck me.. Cherry Blossom I can put in my cake.. This will be my Spring-inspired cake..

Vanilla Cake layers with a filling consisting of Rose Syrup, Fresh Raspberries, Cherry Blossom Liqueur and Strawberry Buttercream.

Comments

Popular Posts