Mr. Rabbit!


I bake and I also love to create needle-felted figures! This rabbit reminds of the march hare in Alice in Wonderland and Peter rabbit. Actually, I was watching the film adaptation of Peter Rabbit by Beatrice Potter while I was needle-felting this guy. 

I created Mr. Rabbit using 2 methods - wet and dry needle-felting. The base was first shaped and made sure that is was packed so well and then soaked in very hot water to make the fibers expand and weave itself tighter. Thus you get a firm base and will not fray as much. The second part is layering the fibers to bring the character to life. 

Needle-felting takes time and process and imagination. Finished characters represent your style and skill level, and everything made is unique. 

Needle-felting is very therapeutic and for me is a great creative outlet. 















Comments

Popular Posts