Strawberry Coconut Milk Ice Cream (Sugar Free and Dairy Free)



I've always loved ice cream since I was a kid but as we grow older we are also concerned about what we take into our bodies.

Healthier choices are important and moderation I believe is important to enjoy food and pastries!  I am no nutrition guru but I want to share with you a healthier ice cream recipe. See notes for the recipe before making.

You'll need:

1 1/2 cups of Strawberry Puree

2/3 cup of Xylitol

3/4 cup of coconut milk

1 1/2 cups of Cream of Coconut

1 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract

1/2 tsp of Xanthan Gum

Make sure that all of the wet ingredients are cold.
Mix all the ingredients and very well. Make sure that the puree is well incorporated and no lumps of xylitol or xanthan gum.
Chill the mixture at least 3 hours in the fridge. Mix all the ingredients together until blended before pouring it into your ice cream maker.

Churn ice cream mix according to your Ice Cream Maker's instructions.

If you have invested in an ice cream maker with its built in compressor, which is really a wise investment, churn for 40-45 minutes is my suggestion. My Cuisineart ICE-100 Ice cream Maker was a wise purchase because I can make my own frozen treats anytime I want and I can decide what I want to put in and I can enjoy the ice cream even as soon at its done churning.



Notes:

I prefer freshly made and heated to 149'F, let it simmer for 3 minutes and then let it cool completely before using), keep it in the fridge.

You can also use fruit purees from brands Culinary Traditions or Les Vergers Boiron (check if they have added sugar so adjust the sweetness level to your preference). If you prefer something sugar free, making your own puree is the way to go.

Xylitol is a sugar alternative and has a low glycemic index. Xanthan Gum is a food stabilizer derived from plant proteins. Both you can buy them at your local Health Food Stores)

Please post your questions, if you have.














Comments

Popular Posts